My grandfather died on Friday, at approximately 4:30 PM.
I am very saddened by this; Yet, I feel like I'm not as sad as maybe I should be. I haven't seen that side of my family in around ten years, nor have I had any other contact whatsoever. In fact, the only news I hear about my relatives in Michigan is how my aunt and uncles are not taking very good care of my grandparents, and are actually more or less stealing from thim. It is very sad.
I'm not going to the funeral. I'm moving across the country in just over a week, and I still have so much to do, so I didn't feel like I had the time to devote to driving from Florida to Michigan and back (four days total for the drive alone). I'm going to call, send a card and flowers, but I'm sorry that I won't be in attendance. I wanted to go, and had it been any other time, I would have.
I also found out Leah's grandmother is sick with pnuemonia. She's pretty elderly, so I don't know if she'll be able to get better, but I certainly hope so.
I am very saddened by this; Yet, I feel like I'm not as sad as maybe I should be. I haven't seen that side of my family in around ten years, nor have I had any other contact whatsoever. In fact, the only news I hear about my relatives in Michigan is how my aunt and uncles are not taking very good care of my grandparents, and are actually more or less stealing from thim. It is very sad.
I'm not going to the funeral. I'm moving across the country in just over a week, and I still have so much to do, so I didn't feel like I had the time to devote to driving from Florida to Michigan and back (four days total for the drive alone). I'm going to call, send a card and flowers, but I'm sorry that I won't be in attendance. I wanted to go, and had it been any other time, I would have.
I also found out Leah's grandmother is sick with pnuemonia. She's pretty elderly, so I don't know if she'll be able to get better, but I certainly hope so.